Monday, January 3, 2011

Buenos Aires- Day one


Okay so technically my trip started in London and by the time our South American trip ends, I'll have been out of the United States for 22 days. Not to brag... moving on... so Nora met me at the airport despite the fact that my trip was delayed by 3 hours due to the terrible weather in NYC. We got in a taxi and so it began. Nora took spanish in college and it definitely paid off, and I used to to speak fluently when I was about 6 years old, so 20 years later no esta muy bueno halblamo but I try. We got the hostel in desperate need of food and so that's where that picture came from. Palmitos salad or hearts of palm, so good.  We then looked at the map and off we were to see Recoleta. I think its great to just go to a city and meet people and then see where you end up. Nora had a book at least, which gave some cool spots to go, but I just figured we'd make some friends try to speak some spanish and they'd tell us where to go. About 20 minutes later we met Santiago and Juan. Ellos estoy abogados y profesores. Yup of course we meet lawyers who are also teachers at the law school. They say we should check out St Elmo for some antique shopping and some cool theatres. Palermo is also recommended as a place for drinks. Palermo is actually kinda like West hollywood we find out later in our trip. We make plans to meet them later, but we have dinner plans first at the hostel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment